Monday, February 15, 2010

DIY Tip Two






Times are hard. the weather is reamaining inclement, and the economic pressures are making us all more inclined to consider Growing Our Own. So in accordance with this, tonights' tip is about how to make your own Indoor Vegetable Garden.
1-Remove your dining room floor.
2-With any luck, you'll discover, as we did, that the floor is only being held up by rotten beams balanced on little rocks, resting on an earth floor.
3If you have a small dog, this is a good time to let it play freely and dig in the soil in order to uncover any rat runs.
4-Find some men to take some of the horrid earth out. If they start flagging, grab a spade and start wafting it weakly in the direction of the pile of soil, sending scatterings of soil all over the place, asking for advice on how to use a spade. The men will react by taking the spade from you, informing you that this is Man's Work, and set to again with redoubled efforts. You can provide them with food and refreshment apparently.
5-You are now left with a good soil in which to plant out your veg in comfort. I plan to divide my area, growing legumes in one quarter, salad items in the other quarter, and I will turf the other half with grass seed and use it for visitors to camp in. lovely!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.