Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Modern Methods

I gather that there are still some people out there who use the outmoded methods of heating involving pushbuttons and timed thermostats. They must be crazeee.......us, we like to have fun with our heating. Who wants convenience, cleanliness, and control when you have fun wielding an axe instead....

...then again, it's also a chance to get the little tractor thing out and while away another couple of pleasantly frustrating hours making sure it's runing OK after it's winter rest...
...and then, two aching backs later, you have the satisfaction of another wood pile ready for the next load of cold weather. This is such a GREAT way to heat your house....if you don't really have anything better to do!!!


1 comment:

  1. Gosh that is a lot of wood! It must feel very pleasing to have such a pile. It is a very pretty picture in the stone barn. I saw some seasoned logs for sale in the grocers today, they were quite small, I think I might buy some to cut down, sand, oil and have for playing with.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.