Friday, June 12, 2009

Cruelty and Destruction



Hurrah! I am successfully rearing livestock at last. These attractive caterpillars are reducing some of the cabbage leaves to an attractive and delicate pattern of lattice work. Fascinating. Since there are 12 cabbages and they are all maturing at the same time, and I'm not a great fan of cabbage, I'm not panicking and hopefully there will be plenty for all. In the meantime, Mackerel the cat has been gently torturing this little mouse this afternoon. Time was, I would have rescued the mouse-but living here in a house which was once riddled with rats and their pissy residue has caused me to change my ways. You never know, perhaps Mackerel was just having a bit of a chat with this mouse. My children had this story book once where a cat and some mice lived in a church together and they were all great friends and had huge adventures. The mouse was squeaking a lot so perhaps it was just relating it's life story to the cat.

1 comment:

  1. i think that pic of the cat is my fave on your whole blog...and you have lots of good animal photos! very funny. not for the mouse though of course, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.