Friday, May 22, 2009

the chicken shed roof



Two or three momths ago, there was a stormy evening-and the apple tree which had stood next to this little building fell down, it fell onto the roof, making numerous holes-big and small. So today, four other chaps came and helped M put the new roof on. it was a fantastically sunny day. Whe a building gets exposed like this, you find yourself wondering how old it is-and who cut the joints and fitted the beams together. Why are there little alcoves in the granite wall at the back? When it was built did a group of men get together to help each other out in the same way? And did they also sit in the sunshine to eat their lunch whilst discussing life, love, and the best way of approaching the task of the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.