Sunday, January 31, 2010

Bonne Cuisine


The local french have a fine cuisine, perhaps a little heavy on the cheeses and butter but tasty nonetheless. So here is the recipie for 'chat-en-panier'. This 'recette' was given to me by our French conversation teacher
1-Take a local country cat.
2-place it in a basket.
3-Lower the whole thing into a deep pan and poach for 7 hours.
4-Throw in a pound of unsalted butter and 2 packets each of camebert, brie, and roquefort.
5-poach for a further 7 hours.
6-take the pan off the heat, and strain all the contents of the basket through a muslin bag.
7-Sift through the contents of the muslin bag and remove the cats liver.
8-Pound the piece of liver with a rusty nail from a fence post.
9-fry the piece of liver in goose fat and calvados
10-Serve on a pewter trencher with no accompanying vegetables. Give the rest to the dog. Then kick it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.