Saturday, January 16, 2010

snow and mud




First, the snow froze. I've never seen anything like this before-it looked like some kind of heavy duty satin. very noisy to walk on-the dogs had to push each of their paws into it individually, then pull them out again when they wanted to go anywhere. They were forced to move at a slow pace-and they hated it. Then, finally, it started to thaw-and the snow was light enough for Franck and I to take a walk along the old railway path which gave us an impressive view over the surrounding thawing fields. Now, the snow is more or less completely gone. Whilst it's incredibly exciting to see green again, it also means we're getting to see mud again. Hence the kind of chaotic scene which ensues when Franck tries to dodge the reception committee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.