Tuesday, January 12, 2010

cabin fever






This morning, I asked M if he could remember how things had looked before the snow came. He said he couldn't. Nor can I. Had there been all different shades of green of just one? Were some of the fields brown underneath or were they all green? How does a cow look against a green background rather than a white one? We've not had any new snow for a couple of days now but the cold temperatures continue-combined with a bitter wind today so what has fallen is just hanging around. I've just put (un-used!) cat litter around the doorsteps where it's getting icy again. We're keeping the chickens and ducks confined to their pound at the moment-otherwise, we have to carry them home at dusk from whichever barn they're taking refuge in-since it can suddenly get too cold for their feet. It's no fun trying to juggle a chicken under each arm with a torch, whilst trying to avoid slipping on ice. To make up for this restriction, I'm rewarding them with some nice snacks-here is one with scrambled egg, wilted lettuce, oats, pasta, and soggy pear. In turn, they are continuing to reward us with eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.