Monday, January 19, 2009

Good Wood


At last-we have some properly seasoned beech wood to burn. It's in the woodburner now glowing really hot-the glass doors have stayed clean and the rads are piping hot. the joys of properly seasoned wood!

Unloading and stacking the 5 steres of wood took a little while so I was too tired after to cook a full meal in our unheated, temprary kitchen. besides which, I suddenly had a whim for some sardines on toast. M found himnself a tinned steak and kidney pie in the larder. He opened it and sniffed. "Umm...smells of dog food" he commented. i gather this must be A Good Thing.

Whilst we were doing this, we forgot about Franck who got left outside. He busied himself digging an enormous hole. As a result of which, he was covered in mud and had to be showered.


3 comments:

  1. Wow you have a blog and I love it! It's going to be interesting to see what you really get up to out in Frogland, and I can't wait for more tales of your bonkers but ubercute pets. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! Although i don't think the pets are as bonkers as the people. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Nazzie! Although I don't think the pets are as bonkers as the people myself X

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.