Saturday, January 31, 2009

Plan "B"


Well-that didn't work. This morning, as I entered the "kitchen" with some trepidation, I found the mouse trap empty and the morsel of Lindt's finest dark chocolate with fondant whisky flavour centre missing. So now to plan B. Having taken Mackerel the cat to the vets this morning, we found that his (He is a boy!) routine injections cost 51.50 euros. Much expostulating from M in the tiny vets waiting room as to the cost.His mood probably not helped by fact we'd had the earliest appointment, had to wait 45 mins for the vet to turn up, and M had no breakfast inside him. Anyway, it does make me think that it's time that this small cat, who apparently is 4 months old, started earning his keep. My daughter was right about this. As with so many things. So it's banishment to the cold utility room for Mackerel tonight, with a hot water bottle tucked under his bed-although this might cause some tension tonight since we only have two, and I'm not relinquishing mine...

1 comment:

  1. Your cute cat does look quite dinky for 4 months. But don't worry, it is clearly of good French countryside stock, and will survive the night with M's hot water bottle and a mouse (I hope) to warm his tummy. Good luck! How bad am I going to feel if something goes wrong?

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.