Friday, January 30, 2009

The Trap is Set


For a few days now, I have been aware that we have a mouse visitor in our utility room which is also our temporary kitchen. My inital urge was to scream when i realised this, and run away. However I also realised I would only have to come back again and M does not respond to screaming any more so I've had to think how we'll get rid of it. Mackerel the Foundling Cat seems too small still to sleep in an unheated room, and face possible attack in the depths of the night from a ferocious rodent. All the mouse traps available locally are vicious, lethal things designed to torture and maim-not just kill. By now, of course, I've started to form a vague relationship with this little incontinent creature. Luckily, our Swedish freind Pelle came up trumps and produced this humane mouse trap. I have baited it with the finest french dark chocolate which I'm told is a mousie favourite. Hopefully tomorrow, there will be a little mousie sitting in this trap and we can then take it somewhere far far away. We shall see in the morning...

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you seem to have found an ethical solution to your mouse problem. But if it doesn't work, just chop it in half with a spade, or shoot it. That stops 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrid. Both these metods seem OTT and I do not have a gun-thank goodness. My other cunning plan being to charm it into the garden with some recorder playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even your recorder playing isn't that good. By the way, did you take the accordion to France? I'm thinking German rats - recorder, and French mice - accordion. English mice - gun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes-I have the tiny red one (not sure where it's gone) and the big scary one you bought me. At least i thought I have-perhaps it's time I checked. Could also wear M's beret for the mouse-charming.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.