Sunday, January 18, 2009

Success!







Well here I am blogging at last. Problems encountered with entering DOB turned out not to be due to my being too old, as was partners ("M"'s) suggestion.



We are myself, M, Franck the french Teckel, Bess the Staffie, and Mackerel the Foundling cat.



All living in Normandy and trying to do up our house and survive in this now very expensive country.



Recently completed project was the woodstove-which now fires up 7 rads, and the Incredible Reappearing Trench for the earth and for elec for our garage.



Current projects are the kitchen ceiling, (aided by a very tall Swede) and wallpaper stripping.

Also trying to identify the best kind of wood to burn having mistakenly bought a load of unseasoned wood.


The Christmassy tale bit is that of the cat-which the dogs found on Boxing day when out on their walk. This tiny, half-starved cat followed us home and has not gone out again since. We intially fed it loads because it was so hungry, then looked at its belly which was size of football, and started cutting back. it seems to have doubled it's size since. And I thought cats and dogs didn't get on !
M has always professed to be a cat-hater but it seems we have managed to find the one cat which surpasses all others and he happily lets it slash his hands.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.