Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sundays


Since we sort of live on the job, we don't have regular days off. However, Sundays are different not least due to arrival of the "bread lady" in her little van at about 9.15am. Usually, we just buy a couple of croissants but today I treated us to a couple of little tarts so to speak-here displayed on my little Alfred Meakin plates against background of pseudo Cath Kidstony tablecloth.

We are, apparently, at the start of the bread lady's round. Perhaps this is due to the french feeling "les Anglais" are unlikely to indulge in anything other than the most perfunctory bedroom activites even on a Sunday morning.

2 comments:

  1. Or especially on a Sunday morning? Or maybe everyone else goes to church at that time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No-mass is at 11.00.
    We have still only been once-the 'sign of peace' bit is very kissey here!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.