Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Apricots



I've never cooked with apricots before-I think that I used to find them too expensive in the UK. Here in France though, I managed to get a big box of them for not much so I've made some apricot liqueur which is currently steeping, and also this apricot chutney. I'd been concerned that I might have let the apricots get a bit over-ripe but in fact the ripe ones are the most flavoursome when cooked. The flavour is incredible. M is putting the finishing touches to the chicken shed. We're also going to have a couple of ducks because they are very cute and characterful and duck eggs are also tasty. We are not getting a cock though. There is no need.

1 comment:

  1. apricot liqueur...wow! Apricot sauce would be nice with duck too.

    (I'm guessing M doesn't pay much attention to your blog? B never looks at mine, he sees it as our little gossip thing. I have 1209 hits on my blog now though!)

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.