Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Chicken Shack








Herewith the current state of the chicken shack-which should really be known as the Poultry Parlour given that it will include a couple of ducks. M will be digging a little pond for them. he's also going to construct a kind of external egg box so that we don't have to go right into the chicken house each time to get the eggs. This is the theory anyway...The chooks will have a great view of the maize field-and the forest beyond if they stand on top of each other. Or fly???More worryingly, we've found out that the cat can squeeze through the little holes in the fence. Since he can catch, and kill, mice, shrews, moles, and garden birds, will he be able to do the same to chickens? We don't know...


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.