Sunday, July 12, 2009

Moley



Oh dear...tonight, M and I were taking the dogs for a walk together. This was actually a very nice and even slightly romantic thing to do as the sun was setting. Our neighbours-two brothers-drove past as we walked down the road and stopped for a chat. Well in fact the car was going so slowly that they may have just carried on driving as before-i don't know. Anyway-they are very nice and friendly but a bit hard to understand for us since they speak a patois French which even many of the native french here find hard to understand. This is what was established: 1-they were on their way out for a drink. 2-They have heard M is repairing the chicken house. 3-they can get us some chickens. Ready to lay-5 euros each. All the rest, we're a bit confused about. Not sure if they're planning to call in tonight with the chooks which they're getting from their farmer friend. M now madly trying to finish off the hen house. Only just stopped them from getting us 30 chickens in the nick of time. Also forgot the french for duck (how can I be so stupid!) so I had to mime that we wanted two of these which they found funny. M trying to tell them yes he wants a cock me saying oh no he doesn't. All very confusing. We shall see...
In the meantime, we have found a second moley-=pictured above. As is my courgette harvest including a couple of distressingly misshapen ones. I'm going to try and plant out another crop of peas tomorrow. it's a bit late for it really i think but I've nothing to lose by trying...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.