Sunday, July 5, 2009

Cabbage potatoes and peas


To be honest, I don't know what I was expecting to happen when i put some seeds in the ground a few weeks ago-because I seem to have been immensely suprised by the fact that some vegetables have come up! . These are all home grown, no chemicals used, and fresh as could be. Marvellous! I plan to try making a soup with the pea pods and am also tackling some apricot chutney this evening and may even make a foray into some apricot liquer. I would love to have a garden gnome somewhere but they don't seem to do them in France. This just doesn't seem to be a whimsical country.

1 comment:

  1. v v v jealous. Dan loved the weekend haymaking thing, obsessively watching an old bloke carving and whittling wood, fascinated when dad had a go with a scythe (very funny) and enjoyed having a go at 'pitching' hay. he said 'I wish we lived on a farm' - me too!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.