Friday, July 3, 2009

MY NEW PIANO

Here is a picture of my new piano-which I've been wanting for ages. This is how I got it: I have been pining for a piano for a while now, so M kindly drove me quite a long way to meet someone who had a piano to sell. it was an electric piano. (oh dear!) After much experimentation playing the Titanic theme using the "strings" effect, (Are we drowning?) and then the Bridal March using the "Church Organ" effect (did M read any significance into this???) , I sadly decided that this instrument was not the one for me. Which might have irritated M a bit since he'd just spent ages negotiating with the owners to get the price down a bit. So we went paddling instead. (being near the sea by now). On our return, this meant that there was, briefly, an amount of cash left without an immediate hole to fall into. Then the very next day, M took this cash to another shop in Caen and bought this Window Piano from a big DIY store there. So now the money is gone. But we did, undeniably, need new windows. M tells me that I can tap my fingers on these Window Pianos if I like as long as i clean the finger marks off afterwards. So far, I haven't managed to get a tune out of them. Perhaps, once he's put them in, they will start working properly. Or perhaps I'm just out of practise. These French pianos look very different to me...

1 comment:

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.