Sunday, March 15, 2009

Current Affairs







well lots to report today. The kitchen is proceeding apace . much fun and mirth determining which piece is which. We were stumped for ages thinking we had two left hand corner units-then finally realised that if we rotated one of them, then we could obtain the desired right hand corner unit. What a laugh we had when we realised! Also shown is a picture of another friendly neighbourhood Swede rotavating our vegetable patch for us. On Tuesday, M is going to mend a leak on his roof for him in return. Franck was castrated last Thursday. All went well and he is now back to his usual self-just a sturdy plaster on a rather tender area. i hope I'm not going to have to be the one to pull it off.The local Enduro race took place today. There were 270 riders who kept going for around 8 hours. it requires a huge degree of skill and physical fitness. We took our KTM motorbike there in hopes of selling it. It's common here to advertise something for sale by doing a poster with fronds at the bottom which have the phone number on them for easy removal by any interested party. 3 fronds were taken so we have our fingers crossed. Also my strawberry plants have survived the winter. the birds should be happy since they were the main beneficiaries last time.

2 comments:

  1. Blimey you have been busy! Good luck with the strawberries, maybe you could make a scarecrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea! we certainly have plenty of suitable clothing

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.