Monday, March 23, 2009

L'Arte de la Cuisine




Here are the latest views of the kitchen. As you can see, we have decided to dispense with the suburban oppression which characterises pretentious efforts to offer what are in fact unappetising and tedious meals. Instead, visitors are going to be merely greeted with a single mug in which they can have tea (the drink), and then view an artfully arranged selection of DIY tools and accoutrement. This forms the basis of a living exhibition which epitomises the inherent contradiction in the way our lives are both stagnant and dynamic, with the solidity and sheer silent presence of the yellow mug on the workmate contrasting with the vertical thrust of the tube of pinkgrip, and the offer of elevated and alternative positions from the wooden footstool. On taking this all in today, I have informed M that I now regard this kitchen as a completed thing in its present form. It has its own perfection, and is certainly unique. i had previously been a little concerned about the lack of originality involved in our choice of an ikea kitchen -but I can now see that, with all that vital sense of a shared vision, we have been able to create something which is uniquely ours. I am considering starting up a small agency which, for a breathtakingly huge fee, will turn other people's formerly pristine kitchens into something similar.

2 comments:

  1. I reckon there are plenty of barmy people who could be persuaded to part with cash for that service. We have our own artistic installation in our bedroom - yesterday's clothes flung on the floor, spilt ashtrays, and odd shoes which sum up the casting off of worldly accoutrements at the times of companionship, tiredness, and maybe occasionally passion which demand that we shed the artificial paraphenalia of social life in complete abandon and leave them there until it is too thoroughly depressing to contemplate for any longer. But then we find we miss the installation, and quickly replace it, which of itself sums up the cyclical and repetitive nature of life and our relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second sentence is a good test of lung capacity when read aloud.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.