Friday, March 6, 2009

The Dog Pound











Well-today has been a bit of a mixed bag. The success story has been completing the dog pound which means Franck the Teckel can no longer follow his nose to the tasty bitch round the corner. Hurrah! Also M and I worked together successfully at this project today which is no small acheivement.




However, we both also had disasters. M hammered his thumb (and insisted on taking this gory photo of it) and I made a Victoria Sponge but forgot to put the baking powder in. Since you can't get self-raising flour here and have to rely on plain flour, I had this resulting Victoria Flatcake. M said it was very yummy and nice and filling. I think he lies. Meantime, Bessie has been working on her figure and is seen here flaunting it in the sunshine. She is well fit. Then following a minor tiff and upset, M responded by driving to the local Mairie's and provisionally booking our wedding for the 8th August. Surely it can't be right that one person alone can book a wedding-even provisionally

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.