Thursday, March 12, 2009

An Ikea Kitchen







Now that the floor's done-and so beautifully-we can bring in the kitchen and today, we've been unpacking it. it is the FAKTUM kitchen from Ikea. All very exciting. "Did you get that unit with the pixies in it?" I asked M as we checked the boxes. This being the REKTUM unit which contains 8 pixies-4 dressed in red, 4 in green, who will erect your kitchen for you overnight. They come with their own little self-assembly pine bench. Also necessary is the ARSUP module which contains one pixie on his own with a long beard, and dressed in gold. This is necessary because this pixie actually is the boss and tells the other pixies what to do-without this, the REKTUM is actually useless. However, they never mention this to you until you get to the till. The REKTUM is £40 and the ARSUP is a further £8.95. They're pretty canny, these Swedes. Some people think they're only really good for a casserole but this is to underestimate them. Anyway-"No I didn't" says M. "You were already moaning about the cost ". Well-thanks for that-once more, it seems I only have myself to blame for over-economising. He probably wouldn't have been happy with their workmanship anyway being something of a perfectionist when it comes to matters DIY.

1 comment:

  1. The Ikea pixies would have been a waste of money because you have genuine article swedes nearby to help M, who drink real cups of tea and presumably mumble and ponder like all blokes and then eventually get the job done very nicely. Much cheaper!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.