Friday, April 24, 2009

Lovely Things




here is a picture of our kitchen shelves complete with photograph of my new grand daughter so that i can look at it whenever I like. Bessie is dozing at the bottom in her bed. This is (apparently) the best dog bed. Frank used to get out of this bed if he'd gotten in it first but now he's grown up and he doesn't any more which really really pees her off because she can't pull rank any more. Sometimes, she's come and fetched me to look at frank in the favoured bed, and then she looks at me with her eyebrows lifted-clearly expecting me to kick him out but I have to explain about SHARING and TAKING TURNS and how much happier she'll feel for doing so. She is not convinced.
Also here is the grass heart which M has mown underneath one of the trees. I seem to remember sometime that I've read of Victorian gentlemen who were so overcome with love for their ladies (often after the ladies had actually died of course-quite probably murdered by the very same men-or banged up in a lunatic asylum by them) that they would build some amazing folly with all sorts of meaning and significance in the style and location of the building. Well-i think the grass heart is definitely today's modern version for the modern man in a hurry with a (very) limited budget . I'm just glad he didn't mow anything rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.