Monday, April 20, 2009

Stars Shining Bright Above

This is a picture of my Mum and my sister, both of whom died, separately, last year. They were both simultaneously strong and also could be quite fragile women. They were both also very loving, clever, and funny. I miss them both. It may seem strange to feature them now because today my daughter is having a baby in England-the outcome of which is currently unknown. However, at this time when i am aware of , and of course concerned for my daughter, I am also somehow aware of these other women who I loved so much and who I miss-it feels as if they are close.

2 comments:

  1. I felt it too. This year our family has less of a matriarchal support structure. I thought of them both a couple of times that day, feeling our family is now more compact, but all the more secure for having a new female member who we can bring up in the spirit of female dominance to which we are accustomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to adjust that to female wisdom but I've just thought better of it!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.