Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Skills










Can you see that bug picture??? I absolutely promise you that that is M's finger it's sitting on, and nothing worse. we found a whole set of these bugs up by our little cabbage plants so i hope they weren't planing anything damaging. I'm also including a picture of me looking jolly in the kitchen really for my daughter's benefit so that she can see a) that I am still alive and b) that I am capable of being jolly. When I was a proper Mummy (ie hadyoung children), I had many skills. These included things like being able to undo apparently hopelessly tangled shoelaces, knowing where underpants were, and what was happening tomorrow (M still thinks I have those two last skills). Unfortunately, the sad truth is, that once you no longer need these skills on a daily basis they die off and are given to another proper Mummy who needs them more. Currently, I think I only have about 3 skills left. One of them is useless, the other is know only to M, and the other one is bread making which I can still do. So I've also included the results of my baking today. Also in the background is the stunning new kitchen. Clever M.

1 comment:

  1. You really are a good baker, the rolls look especially fab and light, I think rolls are trickier than they look as they cook quicker. I can't do bread at all, but if you ever come back to the UK you could open a bakers and I will supply novelty cakes.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.