Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Paris!








We had to go to Paris anyway today-so we decided to try and make a virtue out of it and to have a look around. M has never been there before and I haven't been since I was (I think) about 8 or 9. it's quite a noisy place compared with rural Normandy-not many cows around either. The traffic is really and truly scary since the cars don't even stop when you're on a crossing and the little man is green. There are also lots of grilles in the pavement and I'm scared of walking over these. Once these fears are discounted however, there's lots of lovely architecture and graceful boulevards. Snacks are terribly expensive, I think. i wish I'd bought a novelty miniature Eiffel tower now but I chickened out since they were 12 euros. We ended up walking round for about 6 hours which is many ways is the best way to see it. There are lots of cyclists and motobikists and mopedists as well. Who sometimes also go on the pavement which is a bit alarming. Franck and Bessie have meanwhile gone to stay with their uncle Pete and Auntie Julie at the kennels overnight. i don't think they would have enjoyed this trip-although we did see a couple of rottweilers being exercised in the parks. M is striking his "Mr C&A" pose in the photo-interestingly, they do have a big C&A shop in Paris. Also-I am not sticking my fingers up in a rude gesture in the other photo-grandma's don't do rude things like that. I'm pointing to the Eiffel tower in the distance. With my telling-off finger.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh la la! Martin looks very silly, your hair looks nice. I thought you were doing a peace symbol thingy! I am jealous, Paris looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.