Sunday, April 5, 2009

Relish




Here is a picture of Bessie and Franckie in one of their 'stand-offs' just before commencing one of their friendly dog fights which will take them charging all over the fields here. Bess always wins of course. At some point in the fight, Franck will always lose his temper. Luckily, Bessie never does. She can just shove him over with one of her paws whenver she likes. Then they both fall fast asleep for ages, together. In this picture, they're also standing with their paws in one of the vegetable plots which means they both deserve to get shot. Also included is a picture of the sweetcorn relish I made today because it's the first preservey thing I've made here. It looks rather like vomit in jars but will hopefully taste a bit better.

2 comments:

  1. Your veg patches look beautifully tended. How are the strawbs doing? My gooseberry bush is quite rampant even though its been in its original B&Q pot since last wintter...maybe you deserve it more, but is it illegal to take UK gooseberry bushes to France?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, they really only look tended because they are empty currently. if I disguise the bush as a hat, it should be OK. The starwberries are living still. Even growing, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.