Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How to Deal With a Frisky Male


Generally, Franck and Bess have a free run of the 'grounds' here. They have always been very good about this and seemed automatically to know where the boundaries were-eg stopping at the edge of the adjoining field when barking at something far away, or stopping directly at the gate when going to greet an arriving car.

That is-until a couple of days ago. You see, lately, Franck has not alway been coming back when summoned. Yesterday, I had to hoodwink him into thinking he might get a car journey (which he loves) by going and starting the engine of my little purple twingo. Then today, Franck didn't come back at all. Bess and I had to leave for the daily dog walk on our own. (She kept turning round to look at me as we walked and i swear she was grinning-can dogs be smug?)

Franck duly arrived back home about 5 minutes before Bess and I did, and was placed firmly on the running lead (which is actually longer than it looks in this picture-he'd just got it stuck round a tree). He remained unsettled-doing this silly high-pitched bark and snuffling at the door after we'd brought him in the house. Franck is 11 months old now, and I've had to acknowledge that he may be growing up, and that there could well be a bitch on heat somewhere in the locality. Luckily, I know how to deal with a frisky male, though. He will be down that vets ASAP to have his nuts chopped off. I've just looked at the photo again and he's even licking his lips in it. Disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.