Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Snow at last!







Yes-at last we have some snow. Not much-hardly more than a scattering-but it looked lovely as the sun came up against the intense whiteness of the snow this morning. Both the dogs loved it although given that Franck is so short, I sometimes worry that his manhood (or doghood?) could get frostbitten. Here is the view from where we live across to the local town-and again another view from our place up into the forest-which has almost taken on it's heathery autumn colours in this winter morning sunshine. Sometimes, deer come down from the forest into our garden and the surrounding fields. it's hunting season at the moment-so they may be a little more wary.

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful, gentle pictures. You should take up watercolour painting or something. Did you get that mouse yet? Is the cat still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mouse is still very well, last thing was M baited the trap with cheese and the mouse got the cheese AND closed the door of the trap AFTER it had left. We can't work out how. Cat still not been out there overnight. M more of a softie than me!

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.