Saturday, February 28, 2009

Saving




I've never really manged to save-apart from in the very short term for a specific thing. Obviously, not having had much money has been a factor-but I also think that I just don't really 'get' the saving money thing. So I've decided that I'm going to save days intead. When a really good day like today happens, I shall save it in my bank of memories and then draw it out when a shite day or a difficult day or a sad day comes along.


Today has been good because the sun has shone like billio and I have cleared the bramble patch by the chicken shacks (see pictures). Like it or not, meaningful work is essential to human happiness.


Throughout today, I've been aware that M loves me which is a little miracle in itself and he was happily busy as well and I've also thought how fortunate I am to have two adult children who are both thoughtful and kind and clever and a lovely grandson and another grandchild on the way. Life does not get much better than this. Not for me.


I might have to store this one up til I'm really old and uncomfortable and can't get out anywhere, or in case M goes bonkers eventually and I end up having to spoon feed him. Who knows what's round the corner? But I've least I've got something tucked away for a rainy day now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.