Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mole Hills




having had all day to myself yesterday, and nothing on Radio 4 apart from cricket, (What view do they have of a 'typical' British person if Radio 4 long wave prioritises broadcasting of midweek church services and cricket matches? Why do cricketers have silly names like Sidebottom?) I decided to indulge in the therapeutic sport of Mole Hill Bashing. I have whacked them all and there are loads. (see before and after pics above) This will have dual effect of the noise deterring them, and the flattening revealing the fresh mole hills into which I shall then place bottles on canes to increase the deterrent noise effect. I have absolutely no doubt in my mind about this method working. The only snag being that I took all our bottles to the recycling centre yesterday and don't have good enough French to explain, if caught, why I might be trying to fish them out again. Perhaps tin cans would do equally well...

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing you pity moles as much as you pity mice, because this doesn't look too convincing yet...! Good luck tho ma and traps would be tricky with the dogs about, although I saw them in a pest control programme the other day and they looked humane. Although fatal.

    ReplyDelete

My Blog List

Followers

About Me

My photo
I've lived with my partner in Normandy, France, for about four years now. There's lots I love about our lives here-including our beautiful surroundings-but I also miss my wonderful children and grandchildren who are back in the UK. I trained as a hypnotherapist originally in the UK and am now registered for this in France, I also like making (and hopefully selling) some jewellery.